Test Drive Unlimited 2 is an open-world sandbox style driving/racing game developed by Eden Games and published by Atari. It is the sequel to the 2007 video game Test Drive Unlimited. Test Drive Unlimited 2, or "TDU2" as it is often pronounced by players, features a variety of veichles from Classic Cars, such as the Corvette C1 to very powerful supercars such as the Bugatti Veyron 16.4.
The game takes place on the real-life island of Ibiza, and a graphically updated version of the original Hawaiian island, O'ahu from the first game.
"Test Drive Unlimited 2 transforms the driving genre, adding the persistency, progression and customization of the latest multiplayer games to the auto racing experience. Test Drive Unlimited 2 blends single player and multiplayer experiences seamlessly, creating a dynamic world of evolving content and challenges. Players define their online persona through unparalleled customization of their avatars and vehicles, and the acquisition of property, clothing and other accoutrements of a luxurious international lifestyle. All-new race types, vehicle classes, environmental challenges, locations and much more push this epic franchise to new levels of performance" - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TDU2
- Stress on brakes will cause brake glow in game.
- Oahu from TDU1 will be accessible in TDU2 at level 10.
- Car clubs can have Logos.
- Physics engine allows for a better difference between how RWD and AWD vehicles work in game.
- Club rating, cars clubs can be rated by stars.
- 175 cars, 99 houses, 195 pieces of clothes, 154 pieces of furniture and 8 licenses.
- Ability to use Airport to commute between Ibiza and Oahu.
- Oahu has had graphical adjustments for the day cycle and dynamic weather.
- Missions on Oahu have been revised.
- New routes including off-road have been added to Oahu.
- Day and Night cycle (2:30 hour cycle). Everyone shares the same cycle online.
- Dynamic Weather, Rain Storms.
- Out of car mode; walk around in shared spaces including car clubs.
- Customize your cars exterior (Paint job, Decals, interiors and trims).
- Cars can now be damaged cosmetically.
- Bookmark parts of the map for instant transportation (Just like TDU1).
- Customize your character (Hair, clothes, physique and attitude).
- Buy your dream house, yacht or even night club (furnish and decorate it also).
- Passengers, friends can ride with you .
- Off-road treasure hunts including finding old wrecks that unlock cars in your garage.
- Completely re-built handling-system from the ground up.
- Car clubs invest money into car club exclusive vehicles and bigger car clubs.
- Customized cars look the same to everyone on and offline.
- Off-road 4x4 vehicles are included in the game.
- Off-road terrain shares as much detail as on road will.
- Car will gather mud and dirt by going off road.
- Bikes will not make it into the game until after launch.
- DLC will not just be Car Packs and will listen closely to the community as far as what will be released after the launch of the game.